Mrs Rachel Konstantinou Makri
Former Member of the Hellenic Parliament
Economist – MSC banking
Date of birth: 13.6.1973
Married and Mother of two boys
– Master of Science in Banking (Hellenic Open University)
– Bachelor in Business Administration (Technological Education Institute of Kavala)
– Certificate of Specialization in:
- Total Quality Management – Networks interconnected Production (National and Kapodistrian University of Athens)
- Production Management (Technological Education Institute of Piraeus – University of Paisley)
- Certificate of participation in the twelfth workshop of parliamentary scholars and parliamentarians held at Wroxton College, Oxfordshire, UK (25-26 July 2015)
– Member of Parliament from 6th of May 2012 since August 2015.
– Represent the constituency of Kozani at Hellenic Parliament and parliamentary liable of the whole region of West Macedonia.
– Head of Independent Hellenes party sectors of legislative work of:
- Development and Competitiveness
- Infrastructure, Transports and Networks
- Environment, Energy and Climatic Change
- Standing Committee on Production and Trade
- Special Permanent Committee on Environmental Protection (Elected Secretary)
- Subcommittee on water resources (Elected Secretary)
- Standing Committee on Economic Affairs
- Special Standing Committee on the Monitoring of the Social Security System
- Standing Committee on Social Affairs
- Special Permanent Committee on Institutions and Transparency
- Intergroup Committee to promote the claim on the German (World War II) reparations, restitution the Nazi occupation loan and the claiming of the stolen archaeological treasures
Member of the World Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) (http://www.ipu.org/english/home.htm) and member of the World Inter-Parliamentary of Young Parliamentarians (http://www.ipu.org/splz-e/youngMP14.htm)
She represented the country at the following conferences:
127th IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union) General Assembly in Quebec, Canada (October 2012)
128th IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union) Assembly in Quito, Ecuador (March 2013) : She participated in the Committee for the Treatment of Children’s Rights with special needs http://www.ipu.org/conf-e/128/disability.pdf / http://wp.me/p53plE-1xj
129th IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union) Assembly in Geneva (Switzerland), (October 2013)
130th IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union) Assembly (Switzerland) (Μάρτιος 2014)
131th IPU (Inter-Parliamentary Union) General Assembly (Switzerland) (October 2014)
132th IPU Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians in Tokyo (May 2015)
25-26 July 2015 – Wroxton College, Wroxton, Nr Banbury, Oxfordshire UK
She participated in the Twelfth Workshop of Parliamentary Scholars and Parliamentarians, organized by the legislated Studies Center of Civil Faculty of Philosophy and International Studies of the University of Hull (http://www2.hull.ac.uk/fass/politics.aspx), where she was informed about research findings on the issues:
- Assisting in legislative development
- Parliament, public engagement and poverty reduction
- Legislative organisation, recruitment and rules
- Transparency and accountability
- Parliaments and publics
- Parliamentary scrutiny
- Westminster and beyond
- Legislatures and
– Dynamic and achieving personality with strong management and leadership qualities, and proven track record of international cooperation skills both in private and public sector
– Key work experience in Private Sector:
Managerial and coordinative responsibilities in customer service design and innovative implementation for:
- Alcon Laboratories Hellas S.A.
- Dell Greece
– Key work experience in Public Sector:
- Administrative member of supplementary insurance fund for civil servants
- Executive of the Finance Department of the General Secretariat for Energy and Climate Change of the Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change.
Political / Social Activities
Member of the Economic Chamber (http://www.oe-e.gr/)
Member of the Association of European Journalists (AEJ) – Greek Section, until December 2012 (http://www.aejgreece.gr/).
Member of the Register Main Teaching Staff of the National Centre for Public Administration (http://www.ekdd.gr/ekdda/index.php/gr/).
Regular Member of the Administrative Chamber of Greece (http://www.dee.gr/).
Regular Member of the Hellenic Operational Research Society (HELORS) http://www.eeee.org.gr/PublicPages/HomePage.aspx).